Saturday, October 26, 2013

The One Where Hunt Gets Protective

Hello my loves!



 It's Friday Flash Fiction time!

 Every Friday, I'm going to make a post on my Facebook page calling for writing prompts. You can pick any character from my books-- main characters like Garrick or Cade or minor characters like Rusty and Spencer. Comment on my post with that character's name and then a place or object for a prompt. Heck, you can even post things like songs or pictures. Anything you'd like to see me write. Then, I'll pick one and write just a fast and fun little snippet to post here on my blog.


So far we've had one for Max/Cade and one for Bliss/Garrick. So, I figured it was only fair to do Hunt and Kelsey this week.

Today's prompt comes from Susi: Hunt in Naples with pizza.

So, without further ado, here's my Flash Fiction Friday entry #3

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR FINDING IT.

WARNING PART TWO: This is unedited. So, if there are errors, don't judge me.

NOTE: This is NOT an excerpt from Finding It or Seeking Her. This is special, original content just because I love you guys.



It’s the simple things in life that comprise the difference between existing and living.

I had a lot of practice existing. Just scraping by. Surviving.

Waking up with Kelsey’s blonde hair tickling my chest? Living.

The way she kept glancing at me between snapping pictures of the Naples street? Living.

Staring at her between bites of the single best slice of pizza I’d ever tasted? Definitely living.

Kelsey snapped another picture, and her eyes met mine. I didn’t bother looking away. I was way past pretending I wasn’t obsessed with her. The sun glinted off her golden hair, and she looked at me through long lashes. She bit her lip to stifle a smile, and snapped another picture on her phone.

My eyes were trailing down the smooth column of her neck, studying the way the angles of her collarbone gave way to the soft curve of cleavage that peeked out of her shirt, when Kelsey said, “Uh-oh.”

On high alert, my eyes snapped up. “Uh-oh? Uh-oh what?”

She looked across the table at the lone slice of pizza in my hand.

“We’re done, right? You can eat that while we walk?”

She stood up, hastily gathering her things from their table on the café sidewalk.

“Uh, sure.”

I reached for my wallet, but she threw down some cash, and grabbed my elbow. I barely had time to snatch what was left of my pizza before she was tugging me away.

“What’s got your panties in a twist, princess?”

She rolled her eyes, but then glanced over her shoulder and picked up her pace. I looked backward too, no longer in a joking mood. What had her in such a panic?

Tension climbed up my spine, and I focused scanning the area around us for threats. I didn’t see anything.

“Kelsey, what’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing.”

“Kelsey,” I warned.

She sighed. “Remember when you told me to stop taking pictures of possible mafia members?”

A smile pulled at my lips.

She continued, “Well, I didn’t listen. And now some giant dude with pythons for arms is glaring at me because he saw me taking pictures of him.”

I laughed. “And what? You think he’s going to come after you? Murder you and dump your body in an alley?”

“Maybe.”

“Oh man, don’t look now.”

“What?” she paled.

“He’s coming after us. We need to run.”

“He’s what?

She whipped around, her hair fanning out around her. I took one look at her wide-eyed gaze and burst into laughter.

She searched the crowd for a few moments, and when she saw no suited man following us, she smacked my arm.

“That’s not funny!”

I laughed harder. She threw her arms up and turned away from me. I used her elbow to pull her back and sideways into an alley.

“What are you doing?”

I pressed her back against the brick building and murmured into her neck, “Hiding you from the mafia.”

She scoffed, and I could hear the sarcasm before she even spoke. “Oh, yeah. You’re intentions are completely protective.”

I opened my mouth against her pulse point and tasted her sensitive skin. She shivered, her hands clenching on my shoulders.

“I’m always protective of what’s mine.” 

6 comments:

  1. That was a fun little look into Hunt and Kelsey....thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so perfect. I love those two. Thanks for the extra story

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the book, and I definitely loved this small episode of Kelsey and Hunt. Thx :-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.professionalbookreviews.net/ is my site I am learning blogger now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Due to as sharing things like this advice. I discovered things like this advice ideal useful. And that is a wonderful article. Return To Read Some way more.

    Best Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can we please have more Hunt and Kelsey? The book left me wanting more, they were my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete